Sunday, January 13, 2008

January 12, 2008

We are back home from the ER. The week got to be too much for us (me) and I asked Sabine’s sister, Barbara, and her husband to come and help me at the clinic yesterday when Sabine had her bone marrow biopsy. And Jeff and Bonnie came down to support me when we returned to the ER on Thursday night after Sabine had a high BP spike.

Coordinating the care of a loved one takes great strength and patience as one negotiates the medical system and all its actors.

We meet with the oncologist next Wednesday to plot a course of treatment. Since Sabine's return home she has been very weak and must go very slow.

We thank you for keeping us us in your prayers and for all your offers of help.

I have been a strong guy all my life. I don't feel so strong anymore... God please give me the strength to be there for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment