Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Surgery at UW Hospital

This past week we completed a full week of independent, stand-alone home dialysis treatment and, reflecting on Sabine's more normal blood pressures for the week, it seems she is accepting the fact that I can do the job!

This morning, as I write this, Sabine is undergoing surgery here at UW Hospital in Madison. We would ask you prayers (or positive thoughts) to guide the hand of Dr Yolanda Becker and her supportive staff. Dr Becker is doing the surgery to develop a "fistula" (or graft) in Sabine's arm so that we can get the catheter removed from her neck and do dialysis through a fistula or graft. Sabine has small arm veins so this surgery is going to be tricky.

So, to keep my mind off the surgery, I started to think about something my daughter, Yumi, recently sent me regarding an interesting quiz she found on a website called "BeliefNet."

In it, there is a set of questions you are invited to answer in order to find out what religious practice or set of beliefs your beliefs are most in harmony with.

I found it to be very interesting and something that would make good conversation between friends. So, if you are interested, take a look at: http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html. Maybe we can talk.

In the meantime, we are doing well and will be recovering at the cottage this week and also doing our dialysis there. (By the way, we got our first delivery of home dialysis supplies -- the shipment consisted of 50 boxes for the month!)

Love and blessings to all. When I get the report as to how Sabine's surgery went, I will post it on this site this afternoon.