Monday, August 1, 2016

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend,

Yes, I've come to walk with you again (Simon and Garfunkel).

All this happened so rapidly. Those of you who know me know that I haven't posted on this blog site for some time now. And tha's because all has been well as SABINE and I enter our 8th year of "managing" this cancer. 

So here's my story....

With piercing neck pain I finally got SABINE into the ER yesterday. They did an MRI and found a mass on her cervical vertebrae. It was causing the pain. But it is not known at this time whether it is an infection or a cancer. 

The tentative plan is to have neurosurgery go in (if they can do so,safely) in order to have more info. If it is an infection, then antibiotics, if it is a cancer, then radiation therapy. 

Helene is coming down from Stevens Point tomorrow to help out with Buddy. I am not only needed here for moral support but also the hospital staff has permitted me to conduct Sabine's dialysis each day.

This is a big setback for us. All was going too well. But eight years is not a bad run. I hope and pray we can eek out more time. 

I am not ready for this as I sense this growing fear and sadness within.

Love to you all. Prayers are most welcome.



1 comment:

  1. Our prayers join the numerous others for Sabine.She has been a brave example to all of us who count her as a friend. She and David have demonstrated what love and compassion can achieve.Gods peace old friends


    ReplyDelete