Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Snow Keeps Coming!



We began the day with a home eucharist as we watched the snow start to fall this morning after a few hours of drizzle. And came it did! We are expected to get 12-15" before the day is out. We were able to get out and get some exercise just before lunch.

You can barely see the barn with the amount of snow that is falling.
Aha... never a miss a moment to catch a kiss. Celebrate life everyday!












The Serenity Prayer has been on my mind during my morning meditation walks. Is that not the key to a God-centered existence; that we would accept things we cannot change and yet have courage to change those things which we can and should? And, yes, the wisdom to know the difference between acceptance and change.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is,
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life and
supremely happy with Him Forever in the next. Amen.


--Reinhold Niebuhr
Posted by Picasa