Friday, February 22, 2008

A Note From Sabine!

Dear Family and Friends,

I know it has been a long time since we've heard each other's voices. As I get stronger in adjusting to my new situation it will, I'm sure, become easier. For now, however, talking often results in tears (as does writing) and drains me every more than you can imagine.

Keep me steady in those thoughts and prayers of yours so that I will continue to get stronger and able to share more of myself with you again.

Although I often see the negative in what is happening I had a wonderful experience I would like to share with you. I woke up at 2 a.m. (not usual these days) in my warm and cozy bed, rolled over to see David sleeping next to me. I could hear his breathing and I began to cry tears not of sadness, frustration or anger, but happy tears and tears of thankfulness.

At that moment, I realized there was absolutely nowhere else in the would I would rather be or anything else I would rather be doing. I know this was a very valuable lesson for me.

It is important for me to remember that now is all we really ever have. How many times have I told people that "a slower day to do the things you think are important" will never come? If we put off improving our relationships for a later day it will never happen -- it is both a myth and a delusion! I guess that's why it is important for me to say "I love you" now -- today!

Well, that's all for now folks...

I am thankful and I love you,

Sabine