Monday, December 22, 2014

Whoops! I Spoke Too Soon



On the trail n Governor Dodge State Park north of Dodgeville, Wisc.
Just when we thought it was okay to go back into the "water".... Sabine fell in Gov. Dodge Park during our morning walk on Saturday. I thought she broke her hip. After an ambulance ride from the park to the Dodgeville hospital and 6 hours in the ER she was good to go; that is, no fracture seen. But she could not walk, so it's wheel chair and walker time at New Journey Farm.

We will be doing a follow-up this week when we visit Dr Sheehan tomorrow. In the meantime, it's pretty slow moving around here (and my continuing worry that this seems pretty major for a bruised muscle. Thankfully, a radiologist will be reading the x-rays. (Needless to say, I was quite relieved at this diagnosis... I was sure she had a fracture.)

ER at Upland Hills Hospital in Dodgeville
We missed church on Sunday, but are prepared to do Christmas Eve at St Peter's tomorrow. We have family arriving and I have to admit I am not quite up for crowds right now!

I am still able to transport Sabine up the hill for dialysis but worry about what I will do when the snow flies and I can't get a vehicle into our yard (which avoids the stairs).

But one step at a time.

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!
Back home hobbling around

No comments:

Post a Comment