Friday, March 21, 2008

More Snow -- But Some Rest Coming!

So we got up this morning to go into Madison with the following weather report: "Snow Storm Warning, 8-10 inches of new snow, blowing and drifting; could be as much as 13 inches. Don't drive unless you have to!" I think I should get a Humvee to battle the elements -- nevertheless, we headed out and are thinking about hibernating as soon as we get home. After all, it was in the 50s yesterday with a clear sky and plenty of sunshine.

Yesterday we finished up our third round of chemotherapy (our second round of the Velcade + dexamethasone). We get a week off, some intensive blood work at the lab, and then we see our oncologist the following week on Wednesday. Sabine is looking forward to a reduced medical schedule for these two weeks and, we hope, a higher energy level.

Sabine and I and Charlotte went to Maundy Thursdays services at St John's Lutheran Church in Mazomanie. It was a little strange to be sitting in the pew during Holy Week (I think the last time that happened was about 17 years ago!).

While many people are groaning about the weather, I have to admit that I am looking forward to getting out on snowshoes tomorrow morning (it must be the Minnesota boy in me because I have to confess I have loved all this snow this winter!).

Stay tuned and if you need something to do, think about sending a check to Sabine made out to the American Cancer Society for this summer's "Relay for Life." And think about visiting, or God-willing, walking with Sabine at Wisconsin Heights High School (on Hwy. 14 between Mazomanie and Black Earth) in on Friday night, June 27th (see the last blog entry for more info).